Are you running out of content ideas? When you’re in a content rut, it can be hard to develop new ideas, whether you need more Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram post ideas.
However, you don’t have to worry. You’re not alone. And often, coming up with a variety of content ideas to fill your schedule can be challenging. That’s why we have compiled a list of fifty (50) content ideas you can use as inspiration to help you raise your social media game.
What Do I Need To Post On Social Media?
This is a question that comes up a lot—and it’s totally normal to feel uncertain about what you should post and how often.
It’s essential to keep the frequency of your posts consistent, so people don’t forget about you! If you can’t commit to posting every day, think about posting twice a week. You’ll want to ensure enough time between your posts so that people don’t get bored with them too quickly.
Make sure you have these six helpful tips to stand out:
- Help your users get to know you and your company
Your social media posts help your users get to know you and your company, and they should reflect the personality and values of your brand. You could post anything on social media, but the best brands tell a coherent story with their posts.
- Express your personality and voice
The most important thing is that your posts are consistent and authentic. Try to express your personality and voice.
- Give them something they want
To be successful on social media, you need to give your followers something they want, not just information they might need. It can be entertainment, inspirational, and educational.
- Show them your expertise
Posting tips and advice on social media is a great way to show your customers how much you care and establish yourself as an expert in your industry.
- Make them feel something.
Remember, social media is about creating connections. And the best way to make those connections is by creating an emotional response from your followers.
- Plan a content calendar
A content calendar helps you to organize your thoughts in a week, month, or quarter. Try creating a social media cheat sheet to make everything smooth.
Now, enjoy these 50 killer content ideas that will help you stand out on social media:
1. Share your latest blog post
2. Announce a new product or service
3. Link to a piece of industry news (and offer your take)
4. Share an infographic
5. Create an industry poll
6. Host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Facebook Live
7. Share a video testimonial from a customer
8. Create a behind-the-scenes video at work
9. Showcase a customer case study with statistics
10. Shoot a quick Instagram Story of what’s going on today at work
11. Post GIFs! They’re a great way to make your posts more visual and engaging
12. Give fans sneak peeks at new products or services
13. Share exclusive deals and offers
14. Encourage your followers to engage with each other
15. Post inspirational quotes from famous people
16. Show off the fun side of your business, like TGI Fridays.
17. Answer questions in a video
18. Introduce your team members to your followers
19. Give someone a shout-out
20. Teach something new or useful
21. Recommend something (a book, article, restaurant, etc.)
22. Share customer reviews and testimonials
23. Take a quiz on Facebook or Twitter with your audience.
24. Create weekly or monthly webinars
25. Create a contest or giveaway
26. Share customer stories
27. How-to Guides
28. Curated Content
29. Share a Podcast you like
30. Share PR Package photos
31. Answer FAQs
32. Tell a story
33. Highlight a local landmark
34. Host 1 Day or 3 Day Sale
35. Give your audience a gift
36. Thank your audience/fans
37. Post Motivational Monday
38. Post Tips on Tuesday
39. Post One Word Wednesday
40. Post Throwback Thursday
41. Post Feel Good Friday
42. Post a review about a product you love
43. Share your bucket lists
44. Share a travel video
45. Host an interview with a guest
46. Share your Wins of the week
47. Share your morning/evening routine
48. Share your success story
49. Go LIVE
50. Ask Your Audiences How They Found You
The ideas in this post should help you generate some effective social media content for your brand’s social networks. And to be clear, the best kind of content isn’t necessarily the one that gets the most likes or comments—it’s the kind of engaging content that encourages your audience to interact with your brand. So think about ways to do that, and get out there on social media and share!
These 50 killer content ideas are no silver bullet to success and marketing nirvana. However, you can use any of them to help make your business better known. Give these a try, and see what happens. And don’t forget to share your unique twist on this list.